To: Cohen, Field, Lubin et. al. - LNT debate

I for one find this whole LNT/radon debate interesting.  The LNT
question is an important one and the answer to this debate is germane to
the whole basis of radiation protection and how we pratice the
science/art of health physics.  If the regulations under which we work
are to be based on facts and  tempered with what society deems to be
acceptible risks, we must get the facts right.  It is obvious that in
the case with radon, the facts appear not to be as clear cut as in
measuring lenght and time.   Perhaps the time has come for the debators
to share data bases so that the debate on both sides can be based on a
shared set of  data as is, I believe, the data from Hiroshima and
Nagasaki.  This would be in line with Dr. Cohen's suggestion of using a
theoretical physicist to examine his mathematical derivations.

Kjell Johansen
kajohans@powercom.net