Re: May I propose a physicist?

Hi All,

In a letter to the Editor of Risk Analysis, " Breast Cancer, Radon, and
Brassieres???, Risk Analysis, 17(5), 525-526 (1997), Anthony
V. Nero, Jr. wrote as an uncalled for little aside:

"...Such ecological correlations should, of course, be taken
with a large grain of salt, with the work of B.L. Cohen on
indoor radon and lung cancer mortality representing a fine
example of drawing conclusions that are recognizably
unjustified because of confounding factors witha substantial
and uncontrolled-for influence....

So there you have it, and without even asking Dr. Nero.

Joe and I have been following the Battle at Radon Pass,
while we put the finishing touches on the final version
of our MS : "Risk Assessment and the 'Ecological Fallacy' ."
We sent it out today.  It makes a nice counter point to that
discussion by showing that for a risk assessment the entire
discussion is irrelevant.  Bernie's data are all that matters.

***Please Do Not Use This AOL Address for Reply!! ***

Best regards

Fritz

PS:  For the time being, I still have hardware problems
      so please do not  use my standby aol account. My
       operative address is

Fritz A. Seiler
Sigma Five Consulting
P.O. Box 1709