NDT of radiography rooms

What I would do when new rooms were being constructed were to require the
contractor to keep from drywalling the non shielded side of the wall, until
I had a chance to physically inspect and photograph the shielding.
Then for a fixed beam machine ie C-arm- when it was installed and being heat
soaked- I would put 20 cm of water in the beam and monitor all external
walls for leakage of scatter.
For CTM etc, I would point the beam at the wall, and during heat soak
usually, put the machine on fluoro- lock it on, and measure outside. I would
sometimes take the collimator off, so the beam would cover the entire wall,
and I could see the colour of the anode.
Spencer M. Fisher
Responsible Health Physicist-
Radioisotope/Radiography Licensing and Permits
Ontario Power Generation
1549 Victoria St. E.
Whitby, Ont.
L1N 9E3