Re: 28 US nuke units awaiting NRC license renewals

"Some of the units seeking renewals are among the oldest U.S. nuclear
generating plants, with original 20-year operating licenses set to
expire."

I thought the original operating licenses were for 40 years (as far as I know,
not too many plants came on line after the TMI incident, which was over 20 years
ago).  It is my impression that the license "renewals" are for 20 years.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ernesto Faillace
efaillace@earthlink.net