RE: Pro-Nuke Washington Post Article

	<CUT>
> A Nation of Oil Addicts
>
> Pump prices are hitting $1.80 a gallon,
> and the politicians are scurrying about, expressing outrage and looking
> for
> villains.
>
> What to do? Some Republicans have decided to take a whack at Clinton's 4.3
> cents-a-gallon gas tax. Oh, the courage. Aside from the fact that repeal,
> literally, won't make a dime's worth of difference at the pump, it betrays
> a total misapprehension of the problem. The reason we are in our current
> state is not high, but low gas taxes.
>
> The other industrial nations pay far more than we do in energy taxes.
	<CUT>

	You poor dears!  "gasoline" is the equivalent of over 4 dollars per
gallon over here in the UK, the bulk of it taxes, and tomorrow (budget day)
they're more than likely to slap even more tax on.  As this article said,
perhaps if Americans had been paying what Europeans have for fuel, you'd
have been a lot more pro-nuclear!

	Personal thoughts only,

	Regards

	keith.bradshaw@nnc.co.uk