IAEA Safety Series #1 / Nbs #92 / NCRP #30

Hi All -

I have a question on a table that is quoted numerous times in various
intuitions safety manuals. The table I believe was originally called
"Radiotoxicity Hazard from Absorption into the Body".  This table classified
certain common radioisotopes in to 4 Group (I Very High - IV Low)  based on
their radiotoxicity.

What I find interesting is that some nuclides first published in the NCRP
#30 as High Toxicity (eg. I-125) 1964 then get republished in IAEA Safety
Series number 1 1973 as Low toxicity. The latest attempt to sort
radionuclides into hazard groups I found in the Radionuclide and Radiation
Protection Data Handbook 1998. This publication took the exempt level stated
in IAEA safety series 115 and assigned a group level to it. It now assigns a
hazard group 2 (high) to I-125.

Does any one know where the latest revision of this table could be found? If
you have any insight as to where and how these tables were derived I'd like
to know?

Ken
Ken Smith, Radiation Safety Officer

Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)	voice: (831) 459-3911
University of California			fax: (831) 459-3209
1156 High St.				e-mail: ksmith@cats.ucsc.edu
Santa Cruz, CA  95064			web: www.ehs.ucsc.edu