Re: data and facts

I have always said that people are dying in the name of nuclear safety -
meaning the results of anti-nuclear efforts have derailed nuclear power
and people die due to continues use of fossil fuels.  I also agree with
Mike's other comments.  However, it is worth noting that the 32 times
statistic most likely is based on the LNT as applied to populations, and
is therefore understanding the real number of people being killed by 2
to 4 orders of magnitude (3200 to 320000).

Just my two cents . . .

Glenn Roberts

Michael Stabin wrote:

Nuclear produces almost no atmospheric pollutants. Oil spews huge
amounts of particulates and toxic gases into the atmosphere, including
carbon
dioxide, a major cause of global warming. Nuclear is safer, too. A
European Union and International Atomic Energy Agency study concludes
that oil kills 32 times as many people through exposure to its
pollutants.
begin:vcard
n:Roberts;Glenn
x-mozilla-html:FALSE