Re: data and facts

Dear Bjorn,
There is a great model that covers all the radon data.  It is Ken Bogen's
CD-2 model which is of a modified Moolgavkar type.  It would be
a great starting point.  The references are:

Bogen, K.T. 1997.  "Do U.S. County Data Disprove Linear No-
Threshold Predictions of Lung Cancer Risk for Residential Radon?
 -  A Preliminary Assessment of Biological Plausibility." Human Ecol
Risk Assess. 3, 157-186.

Bogen, K.T. 1998.  "A Mechanistic Model Predicts a U-Shaped
Relation of Radon Exposure to Lung Cancer Risk Reflected in
Combined Occupational and U.S. Residential Data." Human Exper.
Toxicol. 17, 691-696.

Bjorn Cedervall wrote:

> > > If  the predictions of the linear model do not agree with the data, then
> >the modelers lose; it is as simple as that.
>
> This is exactly why I have written twice before (and no response except from
> one of you) that the risk models must be developed to include (merge) and
> become consistent with molecular biology data. It would be desirable if this
> direction of research could take place. (ICRP could also work on this...).
> If any research project on this is going on - let me know (if so, write me
> directly) - I could perhaps be a piece in the puzzle - it has to be very
> interdisciplinary with people from totally different disciplines. The
> arguments around levels below statistical detection limits don't seem to
> resolve the argumentations.

> --

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph.D.
Sigma Five Consulting