RE: Re[2]: Pro-Nuke Washington Post Article

I was told by the previous generation that the 'origin' of the long-haul
trucking industry was a railway strike that went on too long.  Shippers quit
thinking 'train' and started thinking 'truck'.

I wish the railroads could be revived; I recall seeing figures that the
majority of highway damage is traceable to trucking, because of the weight.

As I can't attribute any of this to a definite source, I'll invoke the
standard disclaimers
Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Dogs think you are family. Cats think you are staff