Re: Exit signs in aircraft

At 16:14 22.03.2000 -0600, you wrote:

>>  Please keep in mind that military equipment usually is not subject to
>> radiation protection
>>legislation!
>>
>>Franz
>>
>         I would not "presume" to speak for YOUR military, but in the U.S.
>Navy, we take it VERY seriously...
>
>         Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
>         SSC-SD

According to the still in force legislation in Austria which dates from
1969 (yes! nineteen sixty nine), military uses, mining and of course
medical uses are strictly exempted from the radiation protection law. We
should implement European Legislation by May 2000 (there is still more than
a month to go.....), but I had no time yet, to read the draft for the new
law, which is ready, but has been delayed, because of the difficulties with
forming a government, of which you might be aware.

There might be of course a certain difference between the probably existing
exemption and the reality, which might cause the military authorities to
observe the radiation protection laws closely, though they might not be
obliged to. But I know nothing about the actual situation in your country.

Best wishes,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Bundeskanzleramt (Federal Chancellery), VI/8
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458