Re: NATO admits it used depleted uranium in Kosovo

At 21:48 22.03.2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Please, WHAT is the big fuss about DU in weapons?  When one is getting
>shelled, it seems to me that the last thing one worries about is heavy metal
>poisoning or radiation damage.
>
>Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
>7336 Lew Wallace NE
>Albuquerque, NM
>505-856-5011
>fax 505-856-5564
>ruth_weiner@msn.com
>ruth_weiner@ymp.gov

This is the usual jargon of environmentalists group, that the "culprit"
"admits" something. There is nothing to be "admitted", the use of depleted
uranium is very well known and I remember from my short time at military
services in 1977 that we heard about depleted uranium used in anti-tank
ammunition.

I know about "rumors" that the IAEA was asked to undertake an
investigation, but other "rumors" say, that it never was undertaken.

Mass media reports seem to appear in certain time intervals on the effects
of DU in Iraq, then in Kosovo, then again in Iraq, very rarely now about
the Gulf War.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Bundeskanzleramt (Federal Chancellery), VI/8
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458