Re[4]: Radiation Records Being Investigated

     If what you say below is true about chemical hazards and not
     radiological, and I personally have no reason to doubt your
     assertions, then why on earth would the criteria for "proving" damage
     be that you had a TLD? It's an obvious assumption, or at least should
     be, that if the compensation criteria is having been monitored for
     _radiation_, then the damage mechanism must have been radiation. If
     the damage could have been due to chemical hazards, then why not link
     compensation to some form of chemical monitoring or post-exposure
     assessment of chemical exposure?

     I guess that since I've been monitored for radiation at several DOE
     sites, if I get ill I should be compensated. Never mind the fact that
     most of the monitoring returned results of zero exposure. Another case
     of our tax dollars at work...... From now on, maybe I'll specifically
     request a TLD when I go to any DOE site for short term consulting
     work. :-)

     Steven D. Rima, CHP, CSP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS, LLC
     steve.rima@doegjpo.com