Re: I'm get tired of it too, but...

Dear Jim,
	Clearly this isn't really resolvable. I do clearly remember a
speaker we endured who insisted there was a government conspiracy to cover
up the dangers from low levels of radiation. Whenever he was challenged by
data in a publication he replied by saying that was "government science".
	We did have an incident here in which a government body attempted
to impose a ridiculously low regulatory limit. There was a full and frank
discussion, even if I remember correctly involving the Royal Society as an
independant body. The consequences were that the suggested limit was
withdrawn.
	It would seem to me that the Academy of Sciences would be a
similar objective body to which you could take your case. The charges you
are making are extremely serious to anyone who truly believes in
science. Your references notwithstanding, I think that an independent
adjudicator is called for.
Sincerely,
Bill Prestwich
McMaster University