RE: Barseback power replaced by Russian & Polish coal

Attempt at translation for the group.  Corrections welcome: my French is old
and rusty :-)
I aimed for the 'sense' of the article, rather than a direct translation.

Nuclear scandal: Danish coal instead of Swedish nuclear
The stopping of the Swedish nuclear plant Barseback 1, closed for political
reasons, has had immediate consequences for the environment. Instead of
covering the winter demand by the production [of power] without CO2
emissions, by domestic nuclear plants, Sweden has, over the last three
months, imported more than a billion kWh of electricity from Denmark.
According to the magazine "Coal Week International", the production of this
electricity in Danish coalfired plants required the combustion of around
250,000 metric tons of Russian and Polish coal.  The earth's atmosphere has
therefore been "enriched" by a million metric tons of CO2.

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Quality assurance inspectors ignore the elephants and document the mistakes
the other hunters made packing the Jeep.