Re: Flourimeter

This technique gives you a mass concentration, not activity.  Some DOE
sites were still using this method a few years ago; I'm not sure if that's
still the case.  ANSI N13.22-1995, Bioassay Programs for Uranium, discusses
this method briefly in an appendix and references some documents that might
contain more details:
Sedlat, J. Emergency bioassay methods, in: Lanzl,LH; Pingel, JH; Rust, JH,
eds. Radiation accidents and emergencies in medicine, research and
industry. Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas; 1965: 70-81.
Sedlat, J.; Fariman, WD; Robinson, JJ.  Rapid methods of determining
internal radioactive contamination, in: Personnel dosimetry for radiation
accidents.  Vienna, Austria  IAEA STI/PUB/99, 1965: 395-411.
Gautier, MA, ed. Radiobioassay chemistry analytical techniques. LANL, 1993.

You might also try contacting the labs at Paducah or Portsmouth.

Liz Brackett