Re[2]: Food irradiation

    For heaven's sake!!  Free radicals only last <1 millisecond.  Not even my
    kids could eat the irradiated food that fast.  Lets get serious.
    mj

Subject: Re: Food irradiation
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu> at INTERNET
Date:    2000-04-03 08:37

Jim,

I think my children's immune systems prefer free radicals to E coli any day.

Also, you'll find that many of the so-called third world countries are ahead of
the US in the area of food irradiation.

If you want accurate information on food and nutrition, the health food store
isnot the bastion of science you may think it to be.  There's just as much
 "promotion" as there is anywhere else.  More importantly, the "organic growers
turned h ealth experts" play fast and loose with the facts »- much like your
complaints w ith the "pro-nuke" folks (although not well substantiated on your
part).

Have a great day,
v/r
Michael
TRAB
mford@pantex.com

>>> Magnu96196@aol.com wrote on 02 Apr 00 12:08:05 PM >>>

Unfortunately, somebody is not telling things exactly.

Irradiation does produce radiolysis products in foods----------this means
free radicals of many types that do alter the food to an extent.  ....