Re: graduate research

I'll fill out your survey.  I have to wonder, however, if getting surveys
from the people you'll find on this list won't bias your findings.  Most
people on this list have some formal training in risk perception and risk
communication.

At 08:06 AM 4/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am a graduate student in Industrial Psychology at Murdoch University in
>Western Australia. My thesis investigates risk perception of technology
>such as nuclear power and genetic engineering among others.
>
>I am hoping to obtain some assistance from the members of this list. I am
>looking for about 100 or more people to complete a very short questionnaire
>on risk perception with an application in risk communication. The
>questionnaire takes about 3-5 minutes to complete and can be done via email.
>
>I am sure that many of you can relate to the problems of finding people for
>research and I hope you will be willing to help. I also hope that you do
>not find my request an intrusion on this list.
>
>If you can help, please email me and I will send you the questionnaire in
>the body of an email. As I said, it takes only about 3-5 minutes and will
>be very much appreciated.
>
>Thank-you.
>
>kind regards,
>Ashley Read
>BSc., PGradDipPsych., DipHlthSc.
>Doctoral Candidate.
>Murdoch University,
>Western Australia.

Philip Hypes
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Safeguards Science and Technology Group (NIS 5)
(505) 667-1556  phypes@lanl.gov

Opinions expressed are purely my own unless otherwise noted