RE: Food irradiation

The greatest value of general university study is: it teaches you how to
listen to experts arguing and judge who is speaking rot.  -  Harold
Macmillan

"Be careful about reading health books -- you might die from a misprint."
--   MARK TWAIN

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Werner Heisenberg: We are not sure which side of the road the chicken was
on, but it was moving very fast.

On Monday, April 03, 2000 7:39 AM, Michael S Ford [SMTP:MFORD@pantex.com]
wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I think my children's immune systems prefer free radicals to E coli any
day.

> Also, you'll find that many of the so-called third world countries are
ahead of the US in the area of food irradiation.

> If you want accurate information on food and nutrition, the health food
store is not the bastion of science you may think it to be.  There's just as
much "promotion" as there is anywhere else.  More importantly, the "organic
growers turned health experts" play fast and loose with the facts ¯- much
like your complaints with the "pro-nuke" folks (although not well
substantiated on your part).