Re: FACTS ABOUT TENNESSEE ILLNESSES

Mr. Slavin:
Your representation of whistleblowers, who may at times feel powerless, is
commendable.  It is a fact that there are chronically ill people in the Oak
Ridge area.  Everyone that I have conversed with is sympathetic to those
who are ill and desires nothing less than their recovery from their
ailments.  No one said anything good about the Tennessean articles because
there was nothing good to say about them.  It is possible to feel empathy
for the ill and disgust for those who seek to sensationalize on the basis
of poor reporting.
In your zeal to represent your clients, you have introduced some innuendos
that portray Oak Ridge as a cess pool.  My 36 years of radiation protection
and pollution abatement work have taken me to some real cess pools.  As a
25-year resident of the Oak Ridge area, I can assure you and others who
read RADSAFE postings that, in spite of what politicians and the Tennessean
have said, Oak Ridge is a clean city.  In raising three children (who are
now grown), my biggest concern for their welfare was the rising presence of
drugs and criminal activity in their schools.  Never was I concerned for my
children's health because we lived in Oak Ridge near the DOE facilities.
Although I hope that I am not the only one who feels as I do, this posting
does not represent the views of my employer, the City of Oak Ridge, or
anyone else.
Bill Goldsmith
Radian Remediation Services
865.220.8265