Re: LNT/ALARA and workable regulations (formerly -Reply

>A respectable colleague, who is an immunologist (PhD) has
>been in the Australian media recently, stating that his
>group's work has shown that the "hands free" accessories of
>cell phones can, under some circumstances, become an
>aerial, enhancing the risk to cell phone users.

I suppose that there must be some reference to this work. One question will
always be about the possible mechanisms (I am willing to listen to/read any
reasonable arguments or description of well performed experiments). The
heating effect can probably be excluded since you get more of a temperature
rise from wearing a cap. So then - what could it be?

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com