RE: "The Anti-Nuclear Game", anti-anti's

I highly recommend this book, in spite of several technical errors, e.g.:
p33  Implication that alphas have a range of a few mm in tissue
p36  K-40 abundance given as 0.1% (0.01% is closer)
p91  Energy per fission given as 200 keV instead of 200 MeV;

and that some data are also out-of-date, e.g.:
p57  Theoretical cancer death risk given as 1 per 10000 person.rem;

and that some tables have out-of-date values (e.g. 0.5 and 1 mrem/y from
watching TV), and the spousal irradiation dose (which we've shot down in

In spite of these errors, the book is well written, has lots of information,
is well-referenced, and is entertaining.

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca