RE: Bill Miller - TN Illnesses

Ms Dyer provides a lot of information. I don't know enough to
question the validity of her statements, or her memory of the
occurrences she refers to.

I would ask though, if so many there were so aware of the many
unsafe practices occurring, and the number of individuals were
supposedly exposed to levels way above the limits (values not
provided), then why did so many continue to work there? I can't
believe that there weren't other jobs in the area that these
individuals could not have quit, and gone to work elsewhere.
Nobody held a gun to their heads and said, you MUST work here. If
there were individuals not trained to perform their jobs, why are we
only hearing about this now, and not years ago? Were all of these
workers simply puppets, acting as mindless inanimate objects?
Why did it take so long for someone to stand up and speak out?

Again, I am not questioning the veracity of Ms. Dyer. It just strikes
me that there is this hysteria now. One group questions their
treatment, and all of a sudden, the flood gates appear to have been
opened. Is this just coincidence? Is it safety in numbers? I don't
know, but I think some need to address why they took what they
did for so long, when they believed that they were in danger during
their entire employment.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205