Re: Why Didn't They Speak Out Earlier?

Ed,

Thank you for your reply. I am sure you meant the message for
me, and not Bill. I understand that since I quoted Steve today,
when in fact it was one of your quotes I was referring to.

While I understand the economics of the situation, and the stress a
family must undergo to make ends meet, I still have a difficult time
reconciling that with the specifics Ms Dyer wrote, and then
comprehending staying in that situation, solely because of the
better pay. If the situation was as bad, and I am not saying that I
don't believe that there were problems, just that I don't know the
real extent, and the accuracy of what Ms Dyer perceived the
situation to be, that one's safety has to be a prime consideration. If
the situation was a serious as stated, and economics the primary
factor, didn't anyone consider their health whatsoever? If they really
believed that they were in such serious danger, did they not
consider what would happen if they became incapacitated? Since I
have never been in that position, I don't know how I would act. I do
know that during my career, when there were situations I felt
strongly about, I stood up. Economics wasn't the issue, but the
welfare of others was. If the situation were a life-threatening
occurrence, I would hope that I would have spoken out. There aren't
enough $$ to compensate for one's health, and being there for the
family.

I do appreciate all of the points you bring to the table. I still see too
much "lawyering" though, and too much play on emotionalism and
not enough on facts. Don't get me wrong. My son is an attorney,
so I am not attacking the profession. I just see too many
statements working emotions and not much in the way of evidence.
If there has truly been harm done to any worker, nuclear or
otherwise, and the root causes were known, then I hope that those
who caused the problems, are handled in the most appropriate
way. I would just like to see more facts and less rhetoric.

Regards,
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205