ENOUGH!!! (was Re: FACTS ABOUT TENNESSEE ILLNESSES)

ruth_weiner wrote:

> I truly thought this kind of rant would not occur on RADSAFE.  As the wife
> of a DOE retiree and a person with many friends and colleagues who work for
> DOE (and worked for its predecessors, the AEC and FEA), I am left without
> words to adequately describe my outrage.
>
> Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
> 7336 Lew Wallace NE
> Albuquerque, NM
> 505-856-5011
> fax 505-856-5564
> ruth_weiner@msn.com

I similarly share your outrage, having been a subcontractor to
Martin-Marietta during the 80s and actually having been involved in
some of these matters.  I have sat on my fingers for a couple of
days now while a bottom-feeding carpet-bagging lawyer floats to the
surface and attempts to wrap himself in motherhood, apple pie and
the flag while simultaneously besmirching the character of anyone
who ever worked at Oak Ridge (except for "his" bunch, of course) and
trying to hide HIS true motivation - greed - and that of his
clients. (I have blown knees.  Did it playing ball in high school
and college.  I wonder if I whined enough, if I could get Uncle
Sugar to blame it on da radiation and pay ME some money?)  I have
listened to someone who describes herself as brain damaged rant and
rave because she wasn't paid the amount of attention she thought she
should have had.  In another thread, I've seen the work and the
character of Dr. Bernie Cohen recklessly slandered in a fashion more
apropos to a tabloid by people who probably haven't done 1/100th the
actual hard research that Dr. Cohen has.

I THOUGHT this list was for HP professionals to discuss HP matters.
And until Melissa went on to greener pastures, she kept it that
way.  In her absence, some elements are obviously not able to police
themselves.  If this list is now going to become a forum to debate
nuke vs antinuke or slander prominent researchers or give forum to
the Uncle Sugar blood suckers, then it's time for me to move on
too.  There are many other forums where that kind of stuff can be
debated ad naseum.  If I were interested in that sort of debate, I'd
go there and participate.  I'm not.

So what is this list going to be?  If it is to remain a forum for
professionals, acting professionally, to discuss health-physics,
then I believe we should invite the lawyers and the whistle blowers
and that sort to resume lurking and to otherwise shut up.  If the
kind of discussion that has occurred over the last several days is
to be what this list is about, then I'm outta here.

John

--
John De Armond
johngdSPAMNOT@bellsouth.net