Re: ENOUGH!!! (was Re: FACTS ABOUT TENNESSEE ILLNESSES)

At 01:24 AM 4/7/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I THOUGHT this list was for HP professionals to discuss HP matters.
>And until Melissa went on to greener pastures, she kept it that
>way.  In her absence, some elements are obviously not able to police
>themselves.  If this list is now going to become a forum to debate
>nuke vs antinuke or slander prominent researchers or give forum to
>the Uncle Sugar blood suckers, then it's time for me to move on
>too.  There are many other forums where that kind of stuff can be
>debated ad naseum.  If I were interested in that sort of debate, I'd
>go there and participate.  I'm not.
>
>So what is this list going to be?  If it is to remain a forum for
>professionals, acting professionally, to discuss health-physics,
>then I believe we should invite the lawyers and the whistle blowers
>and that sort to resume lurking and to otherwise shut up.  If the
>kind of discussion that has occurred over the last several days is
>to be what this list is about, then I'm outta here.

I'm with you 100%.  I signed on to this list to keep up with health physics
issues and interact with other HP professionals.  This discussion is
particularly inappropriate because Mr. Slavin himself wrote that
radioactive material was not the primary cause of these illnesses; they
were attributed to chemical exposures.  The discussion of hazardous
chemicals is not germane to this list for the most part.  Regardless of how
sick these people are or how bad we feel about it, the subscribers of this
list are largely here during working hours to ask technical questions of
other professionals and I don't believe their management would view the
dicsussion of political issues as a productive use of their time.  As noted
above, there are more appropriate forums for this discussion.

Liz Brackett