Re: Fw: Father of Health Physics

Aloha Dr. Kathren,

As I picked up my text (titled "The Plutonium Story") last night to gain
insight on how Dr. Seaborg gained success, I noticed your name. I have always
felt that your name was so familiar and one that I have noticed in the past.
As a former Battelle employee, I was able to understand the work of Herb
Parker and Mr. Lauriston Taylor. I also understand that the great physicist
working at ORNL in the earlier days coined the term Health Physics. I
understand that he hailed from North Carolina.

Anyways, so many have contributed just the same as the individual I am
reading about again to gain some motivation and to reinforce why it its so
important to include detailed thinking when operating as a Health Physicist.
I wanted to thank you  publically for your work on the Plutonium Story. I
have chosen Dr. Seaborg as a model to assist me during my quest as I support
remediation activites across the USA.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Edmond Moke Young, Jr.
Health Physicist