No Subject

1.  I'm putting together a list of items which may contain radioactive material
(naturally occurring) and are headed for the Restricted Area (Aux Bldg.) which
our RP Techs will be on the look for in order to establish a baseline so that we
can demonstrate that the item's radioactive component is not a result of
systems/processes in place at our plant.  Thus, I'm soliciting your assistance
with the list.

For example, CRT screens - tungsten weld rods - .....

2.  Our SAM-11 is a lot more sensitive than the TCM-2 we've been counting items
on for free-release.  If you have this instrument, do you have an increase in
radwaste as a result?  We've been getting a lot of "catches" at the SAM vs. the
TCM and it's holding many people up, items such as batteries, grinding discs,
vibration monitors, etc.

Thanks!

David Harrison
dpharrison@aep.com