TN Illnesses

Cheryll Dyer wrote:  "I did not know I was being exposed to numerous toxins,
chemicals and heavy metals at the time it was happening.  Only after individual
occurrences did I question what was happening.  And, after each
occurrence, I was told lies, presented with false sampling and told to 'shut
up'."

After listening to Ms. Dyer and a host of future litigants from Hanford, I have
not doubts there are problems from past exposures to materials at both sites.
However, what I, and I believe many people on this listserver, object to is
lumping radiation exposure in with these toxins as a causal agent.  Our
experience and education tells us the radiation dose was not high enough.  We
also know the word "radiation" gets attention.  So if you perceive a lack of
compassion on our part, it is not a lack of compassion for those individuals who
are suffering health effects, it is a lack of compassion for those who would
raise the flag of "radiation" in a context that has no scientific basis.

Mr. Slavin, Radsafe is about radiation safety.  That is what we know.  That is
what we are here to talk about.  If you think we are missing your point, maybe
it is because you are missing that point.

Jay MacLellan, CHP

These opinions are mine, and mine alone.