Transplant organ vs. ionizing radiation question

Good morning everyone,

A professor at my university who is a transplant organ recipient (kidney) is wondering if there have been any scientific studies done on the effects of ionizing radiation with regards to transplant organ recipients.  Specifically, transplant organ recipients who are taking the following medications:

1.  Cyclosporin

2.  Pregnizone (sp?)

3.  Immuran

This professor currently works with Hg-203 and has received an annual doses that are well within the regulatory limits.

I realize that this may not be a typical question found on RADSAFE and any responses or opinions on this matter or suggestions that I could pass along to him are welcomed.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Mitch Belanger, MS, RRPT
Radiation Safety Officer
GaState University