RE: Two Questions

	With 10mg strontium and 0.5mg yttrium as nitrates on stainless steel
planchettes, I got 0.71 cps per Bq Sr-90 (Y-90 in equilibrium). This
efficiency calibration came up with pretty good results on NPL
intercomparison.  Don't know about C-14, but I think the claims of the
manufacturer are a bit optomistic. Also it's going to be highly variable
with sample mass and geometry.

> What long-lived transuranics are produced by fission and fusion weapons?

	Einsteinium z=100 was first discovered in hydrogen bomb debris.

	Personal thoughts only

	keith.bradshaw@nnc.co.uk

	END

	END