Re: NYT 4/11/00: Wald on PG&E/Diablo Canyon

At 01:56 AM 4/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>New York Times
>April 11, 2000
>
> Questioning Whistle-Blower's `Delusions'
>
> By MATTHEW L. WALD
>
>  WASHINGTON, April 10 -- The Department of Labor has  concluded that
>the Pacific Gas and Electric Company maneuvered to have psychiatrists
>find "paranoid delusions" in a veteran manager because he complained
>publicly about safety problems and management inaction at the Diablo
>Canyon nuclear power plant.

That's funny, those prone to generalization had told us that this sort of
thing happened only in the evil realm of DOE, not the happy land of
commercial reactors!
Philip Hypes
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Safeguards Science and Technology Group (NIS 5)
(505) 667-1556  phypes@lanl.gov

Opinions expressed are purely my own unless otherwise noted