RE: Should anyone believe Fumento on anything?

JOHN SEIGENTHALER stuck this in way down at the bottom of his missive on
Michael Fumento:

 >should have asked more questions and sought more answers.
 >Once the media began to report on the dangers and the soaring costs of
 >nuclear plants, and the disposal of their waste (the dangers are as real as
 >AIDS or the militia movement), citizens began to express grave concerns.
 >The questions the media raised were responsible, if late.

I found it interesting that in a lengthy diatribe about Fumento's
credibility, etc., that the author chose to imply that concerning nuclear
power/waste that the "the dangers are as real as
AIDS or the militia movement."

After reading that, I feel that the author has typical media credibility
(none).  Anyone who thinks that nuclear power/waste is more dangerous than
AIDS when tens of thousands die in this country from AIDS each year
(millions world-wide) and, although the number may be debated, I don't
believe that nearly that many die from nuclear power.  How many people does
the author think the militia movement kills each year (I'm guessing
<10)?  If it approaches the AIDS levels, then the media has really done a
disservice by not reporting all those thousands of deaths.

Responsible media?  Not in our lifetimes.

Rick Dixon