RE: When do you switch from a frisker to a dose ratemeter??

Mike Winters wrote:

	>At what level (dpm) do you switch from using a contamination survey
	>instrument to a doserate meter to record results?
It's not so much at what rate do I switch, but what information I want. I
consider information from count rate meters vs. doserate meters to be
answering different questions (let's not get into dpm to doserate
conversions). The count rate meter answers "Is it there?"  and "Is it above
the free release limits?" while the doserate meter answers "What's the
doserate here?"

	>If possible, please include your facility and primary isotope(s) of
concern
We have a Type A broad scope industrial license, so we handle everything
from apha to zirconium. :) Activation and NORM are also a concern.

Don Mercado
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space
Don.mercado@lmco.com