Re: shielding methodologies

I use a spreadsheet method I developed that is consistant with the NCRP
49 tables.

It works with ONE sheet per barrier ( a barrier changes when things like
orientation, occupancy factor, distance or some such change).  For any
given barrier it handles combinations of kVp, mA, Cine/Fluoro,
Direct/indirect, Rad/Fluoro.

It was presented in a poster at the San Jose meeting.

Spreadsheet and paper are available.

The paper fully explains the rational of the calculations.

I have used it for more than 20 years and find it quite handy.