Subject:    Alpha shielding in "Masslin"
Author: <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Date:       04/12/2000 12:01 PM

Hello Radsafers,

Has anyone evaluated the use of masslin in areas of alpha removable
contamination?

I'm looking for data to prove that the oil and fibers on the masslin cloth
will not shield the alphas from a portable survey instrument.  I'll collect
it myself if I have to, but I'm hoping one of you can save me the legwork.

If you're at a facility where alpha contamination is a concern, do you use
masslin? Why? Why not?

Michael  S. Winters
USEC Health Physics
Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant