Re: Contributions to the historical record

Jim, I don't mind the references you are giving but there are also some
papers that point at higher relative effects at lower doses. This area is
indeed very complex. Check out for instance the papers by Ehrenberg et al.
from the early 1960:ies (mutation rates in plants) or P. Lambin, M. Joiner
and others from around 1992 and on (and cell survival for some human cell
lines). These papers seem convincing from a statistical point.

It would be nice to see a theory emerge where findings on a cell and
molecular level are consistent with epidemiology.

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/
---------