RE: Unsafe High School Science Project

This is a bit off-topic, but I used a spark coil in a Skinner box to try to
condition a mouse, for a biology project.  I built better than I realized,
though, and the mouse never noticed; it was at the same potential as its
surroundings.  The only life form to ever react was a friend who tried to
help me (without my knowledge) by repositioning the mouse during a PTA
demonstration of our projects. I had the electronics package open, with my
back to the cage door, explaining the process as I went along, and when I
flipped the switch we were treated to an impromptu display of yodeling,
punctuated by a naughty word.

None of my science teachers wanted projects after that.

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is
suffering from some form of mental illness.  Think of your three best
friends. If they're okay, then it's you.