Re: AW: Gamma spec. of natural soil

> M. Jo wrote
> > To soil samplers and analyzers:
> >
> > I took natural soil samples from the depths of 0, 2, 4, 6, 8,
> > and 10 feet from
> > one location. There were no Cs-137 peaks from the samples
> > taken at 4 feet and
> > deeper. Is this normal? This area is dry and average rainfall
> > is less than 10
> > inches per year (I think). I used Genie2K + extended range
> > HPGe for this
> > analysis. Thank you. M. Jo

We analyzed  more than100 soil samples  in Taiwan. The presence of Cs-137 was
usually limited by 20-30 cm depths and  background concentrations did not exceed
10-15 Bq/kg. Just in cultivated soil from rice field Cs-137 was found in depth
greater than 30 cm.  And you know how wet the Taiwan's climate is!

Yuriy Nabyvanets
Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
National Yang Ming University

155 Li-non St., Section 2, Shih-Pai,
Taipei-11200, Taiwan.
Tel: (886) 2-282 670 53