Re: Exempt Quantities

The Department of Transportation Regulations for sure.  The NRC or
agreement state regs that must be followed should be in the paperwork
supplied with the exempt sources when they were purchased.  I don't think
they will restrict travel with the sources, but you should read them and be
familiar with them in any event.

Dave

At 09:23 AM 04/19/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>  What, if any requirements exist for a Vendor to travel around the country
>by land and/or by air in order of him to possess exempt quantity check
>sources in his carry on luggage, etc.   i.e.  Cs-137 less than 10 micro
>curies.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Mark Settles
>msettles@cswnet.com

Dave Derenzo, RSO (dave@uic.edu)
UIC Radiation Safety Section, M/C 932
Phones: Voice (312) 996-1177  Fax: (312) 996-8776