RE: Exempt Quantities

Dru Carlson wrote,

"Most airlines ban the carrying of radioactive material in the passenger
compartment. I am not sure if that applies to checked baggage."

I think your correct.  As I recall we told the Service Engineers to be sure
and keep their check sources in their tool kits which were checked luggage
for that reason.

That was another Catch-22.  Supposedly only material for medical and
research purposed could be shipped on passenger airlines.  Another stupid
rule.  So theoretically the Service Engineers should have shipped their 10
uCi check sources by Fed Ex to all their destinations.  Yeah, right.

Peter G. Vernig,
VA Medical Center Denver
Usual disclaimer, not speaking for anybody else.
peter.vernig@med.va.gov

-