Emergency Response

	 I have been following this thread and believe it has moved from a radiation
emergency response to a Haz Mat response. There are those that like to put
radiation in the same category as Haz Mat because DOT dose. I think they are
different and should remain so. Having said that

let me say I agree with those who have stated Life Saving and Medical
Management of life treating medical problems should take precedence over
concerns about radiation and contamination measurements and decontamination.

This is what I was taught when I got involved in this area of emergency
response That's what is taught at REACTS, and in most courses. That's what I
and others try to teach responders at the Radiological Emergency Response
Operations RERO class that FEMA offers.

I see the gamete of those who will rush in and those that want to stand by
and do nothing because of Radiation.

The above rule applies well to most modern accidents involving radioactive
materials. Even the recent incident in Japan. It goe

Could not be delivered to the following since they do not appear to exist on
the remote system:

	Unreached were: radsaf@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

Thank you.