re: Deadly toll of Chernobyl

RadSafers -

I first heard this story over the weekend on TV.  They cited the
reported death toll of 15,000 and then said about a third of
these victims died from sucicide.  I can't recall if it was CNN
or ABC, I checked their websites today and could not find any
mention of the report.  There are many  social issues occurring
in the former Soviet Union that adversely impact public health in
addition to trying to recover from the impact of Chernobyl.

Mike Vala
michael.vala@bms.com