Re: Conundrum

Is the person's employer, for whom I assume they're doing this work, an
"outside organization?"  While I agree that dose records are confidential
and should be treated as medical records, if you have subcontractors on
your site their employer is entitled (and most likely, required) to know
what doses they are receiving because they are ultimately responsible.  It
is particularly important if the person has the potential for occupational
exposure at multiple sites.

At 01:53 PM 4/25/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>With the exception of required NRC (or other regulator) reports, an
employee's
>dose history files should not be released to an outside organization
without >the employee's consent.  As a general rule, we treat dosimetry
records as >medical records.