RE: Kosovo - DU ammunition

Franz,

I assume that the Educational Foundation for Nuclear Science, which
publishes the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists qualifies as "a neutral body"
(at least on this topic - its mostly anti-nuke otherwise...).

Their article on the DU topic, by By Steve Fetter and Frank von Hippel,
seems fairly balanced at first glance ....its at URL
http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/1999/nd99/nd99vonhippel.html

Otherwise, the US AFFRI has some DU articles posted at
http://www.afrri.usuhs.mil/www/outreach/pdf/pellmar.pdf   and
http://www.afrri.usuhs.mil/www/outreach/pdf/livengood.pdf

	*	Special Publication 98-1 AD A341263: Pellmar TC, Hogan JB,
Benson KA, Landauer MR. Toxicological Evaluation of Depleted Uranium in
Rats: Six-Month Evaluation Point.
	*	Special Publication 98-3 AD A349789: Livengood DR (ed)
Health Effects of Embedded Depleted Uranium Fragments.

I think somebody has mentioned these before on this list.

Hope this helps.

Jaro
frantaj@aecl.ca