RE: Kosovo - DU ammunition

Here're some additional publications on DU from AFRRI.  In addition, three
more publications in process should be available in a few months.  The URL
in my signature line has publications on other radiation related topics as
well under the "products" link.

Miller AC, Blakely WF, Livengood D, Whittaker T, Xu J, Ejnik JW, Hamilton
MM, Parlette E (1998) Transformation of human osteoblast cells to the
tumorigenic phenotype by depleted uranium-uranyl chloride. Environmental
Health Perspectives 106, 465-471

Miller AC, Fuciarelli AF, Jackson WE, Ejnik EJ, Emond C, Strocko S, Hogan J,
Page N, Pellmar T (1998) Urinary and serum mutagenicity studies with rats
implanted with depleted uranium or tantalum pellets. Mutagenesis 13, 643-648

Pellmar TC, Fuciarelli AF, Ejnik JW, Hamilton M, Hogan J, Strocko S, Emond
C, Mottaz HM, Landauer MR (1999) Distribution of uranium in rats implanted
with depleted uranium pellets. Toxicological Sciences 49, 29-39.
Pellmar TC, Kaiser, DO, Emery, C, Hogan, JB (1999) Electrophysiological
changes in hippocampal slices isolated from rats embedded with depleted
uranium fragments. Neurotoxicology 20, 785-792.

Ejnik JW, Carmichael AJ, Hamilton M, McDiarmid M, Squibb K, Boyd P, and
Tartiff W (1999) Determination of the isotopic composition of uranium in
urine by inductively-coupled mass spectrometry, Health Physics 78,143-146.

McDiarmid MA, Keough JP, Hooper FJ, McPhaul K, Squibb K, Kane R, DiPino R,
Kabat M, Kaup B, Anderson L, Hoover D, Brown L, Hamilton M, Jacobson-Kram D,
Burrows B, Walsh M (2000) Health effects of depleted uranium on exposed Gulf
War veterans, Environmental Research 82, 168-180.

J.W. MALINOSKI
Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute
8901 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20889-5603

Visit the AFRRI web site at:  http://www.afrri.usuhs.mil