Re: Too Cheap too Meter

>I have in front of me a microfilm copy of page 5 of the New York Times
dated
>September 17, 1954.  It has the following article This is the article
>exactly as it appeared:
>
>ABUNDANT  POWER
> FROM ATOM SEEN
>
>It Will Be Too Cheap for Our
>Children to Meter, Strauss
> Tells Science Writers

Nice catch!   :^)

When I reported that Aubrey Wagner said it when he was chairman of TVA's
board, I was under the impression he was the originator of the phrase. As I
said earlier, Wagner was more than an advovate - he was a fan, an
enthusiast. And he would have been aware of every article in every major
newspaper on the subject of nuclear power production. While I have no reason
to doubt that he used the phrase, it looks likely that he had seen the
phrase before and was not the originator.