Re: DOE Recordkeeping

>REMS has that capability for privacy purposes, but the administrators have
>access to all information.  when I was at Hanford if you didn't supply an
>SSN you didn't get into any Radiological areas.

However, the REMS database includes data on persons monitored at all
DOE-funded operations, including research facilities like SLAC, Fermilab,
JeffyLab, and others. These communities are truly international in
character, and monitor many people who do not have a Social Security number.
And the data are included in the REMS database. So there are definately data
not associated with SSNs in the system.