RE: Comments on Rancho Seco Infant Study.

Not unless they moved it to Berserkly.

Here is a Northern California map with coordinates {}
 http://www.sanfranciscoonline.com/bcg/map/Nor_Cal.gif

Alameda is the island in San Francisco Bay just west of Oakland{D6}.
Hunter's Point is near the blunt point directly across the Bay {C6}.
MINSY is on the narrow peninsula across the channel (actually the Napa
River) from Vallejo.{E4}
Rancho Seco is near Sacramento. {I3}

Hunter's Point was probably closed when you were in the area.  It was
partially reactivated to allow MINSY to work the CVN-70 and a few other
surface ships that couldn't fit the graving docks at MINSY.  There were no
releases from any activity in the dock - I was there.  So was Greenpeace.
Their antics provided me with some amusement; they made (incorrect)
assumptions about the placement of the reactor(s), and thought the clicking
of their meter (CD surplus) meant that "Radioactivity is escaping!"  I could
hear the audible on their meter and it was indicating background or so; they
were about 8-10 feet from some concrete walls.  We were ordered not to
"interact", but I didn't think pausing on the caisson and snickering was
covered by that. :-)

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2000 5:35 PM, D. Kosloff [SMTP:dkosloff@ncweb.com]
wrote:
> I agree with your assessment, except that Alameda is between MINSY and the
> Ranch.  I didn't remember if any nukes went to Hunter's Point.  My
comments
> on the nuclear vessels was related to the claim that any effects of
> radioactivity in San Francisco could have only come from the Ranch.  I do
> not believe there was any effect anywhere at all.
>
> Don Kosloff dkosloff@ncweb.com
> 2910 Main St, Perry OH 44081

Seco.