RE: Health Physics Society => Radiation Safety Society

I would have to agree with Mr. Slaback about keeping the traditional name.
I could envision the title "radiation safety person" in the public's eyes as
being synonomous with the safety guy at work that reads out of a rule book
with no other really marketable skills.  HP's are already sneered at by our
nuclear engineering brothers as lesser beings.
Many of us work in uniquely different and important areas of radiation
physics which have no direct ties to public health at all.

Glen Vickers
Braidwood Nuclear Power Station
glen.vickers@ucm.com

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.