RE: Deja Vu -- Health Physics Society => Radiation Safety Society

Ron,

You wrote:

"The idea that Peter Vernig proposed of a name change for the Society is not
new, and indeed was the subject of an unsiccessful campaign to do so by then
HPS President the late Merril Eisenbud (1965-66).  Exactly the same
arguments in favor of the change were proposed then.  A few year later
(1968), I compiled a list of more than 40 terms that were used synonymously
with the term health physics."

Ron I respect your opinion highly.  I may even end up agreeing with you.  I
am not sure.  But I must correct the impression that I made the suggestion.
I was reporting on the suggestion published by Ray Johnson in the HPS
Newsletter.  My initial message was somewhat favorable but what I was
suggesting was the dialog we are having over the merits of the change.

Respectfully

Peter G. Vernig